Pages

Friday, December 2, 2022

2019 Stats

      Time to cross the finish line on 2019. This was the race I never thought I would finish! Geez, I have been slacking at this blog thing. Better late than never I suppose.


    Total number of races was lower this year at 27. That's 15 races less than 2018 due to budget restraints. I climbed on the podium less times at six appearances, but three of those were on the top step. I was pretty proud of the wins at the DINO Challenge Short Track and the 6 Hours of Blankets Creek. Both had some serious competition. I had just one DNF this year, which is still one too many. That one was due to being sick leading into the Three River Rumble weekend. I hated to quit, but I got dropped only a few miles into the road race and barely completed one lap. No way I had the juice to do two more laps alone. I am also proud of my 5th place finish in Cat. 2 at the Tennessee State Criterium Championships. That was a fast race and it was great to be battling for a good finish at the end. Crits are so fun when you are in good shape!


     Please support the companies that supported me this year! Shout out to Maxxis, MOAB Bikes and First Endurance for their help. Thank you guys!


     As always, I want to pick a "Race of the Year." I take everything into consideration for this designation. I look at the turnout, competition level, course, race promotion, prizes and overall level of fun that me and my crew had at the event. This year I give the award to the Utah Crit Series race on the flat course at the DLD in West Valley City, UT. What a fun evening that was! The course was a blast and the competition level was smokin' fast! The race is put on by a great group and they thoroughly welcomed me as an out-of-towner which doesn't always happen when you race in new places. Sure, there was no payout for this weeknight training race, but the fun level far overshadowed that detail. Gateway Cup was again a top event as always, with the DINO Series race in Winona Lake also sitting high on my list of faves this year.



     Here are the stats for races and finishes in 2019:


Total Number of Races: 27


Race Breakdown:
XC: 7
Short Track: 1
MTB Time Trial: 0
Endurance XC: 2
Downhill: 0
Super D/Enduro: 0
Criterium: 14
Road Race: 2
Road Time Trial: 0
Cyclocross: 1


Wins: 3
Top 3s: 7
Top 5s: 8
Top 10s: 13
DNFs: 1





     Reports from 2020 coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment