Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our Little House

     Shannon and I are all moved into our house now. It's taken a while to get everything moved in and set up, but it's almost done now. We are renting a small place near Clarksville. It's close to work, close to my parents and still close to Nashville. The area is farm land mostly. It's an area I ride to during most of my rides that last over an hour so I am already very familiar with the roads. 

     We loved this place because it was affordable and we don't have immediate neighbors. Trees surround 3 sides of the house so we get some privacy. Plus, the owners are super nice and kind of let us do what we want. I am currently working on turning the spare bedroom into a bike room so keep checking back for pictures of that. It's already coming along nicely. Here's a few pictures of the place.



I love the view from the large front porch. Soybean field beats neighborhood any day.

We like to sit on this stump in the evening and watch the sunset across the field

Back of the house. Another large porch. The tin roof is great during rainstorms.

Looking across the backyard at the rear of the house.

Lots of cicadas around this area. I lined up the shells on a window seal. All these were found on the house. There were tons more around the yard. They kind of creeped Shannon out so they didn't stay in the window long.

A giant cicada emerges from a tiny shell. Crazy to think he was crammed into that.


     We are hoping to get a short trail going in the surrounding woods sometime soon. I will post pictures as trail construction begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment