Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

2015 Year in Pictures

     Time for my annual review of the year in pictures. These are the pictures I felt best portrayed the highlights of my year, and also include a few of my favorite shots. We got so many great photos while on our trip to Wyoming/Utah this year that it made it really hard to pick! I will close out 2015 once and for all in the next post with some stats on racing and riding.

Starting the year off with the Polar Plunge in our pond

Snow on the farm late in the winter

Spent a lot of time on the trainer while rehabing my left gastroc injury

Spring fishing

Monster Energy Supercross in Indy

Comeback race at Chickasaw kicked off my 2015 season


Growing our own garden plants from seeds

Learning to relax more at the races and enjoy the trip no matter how the race went.

End of an era: a new course, but still fast racing at Athens Twilight

Many more cameras in the group this year made it easier to find race footage of yourself

First good race of the year at Sevier Park. this is one of my all-time favorite courses. It was also the first race I did this year when my gastroc did not bother me at all.

In the woods with my tireless trail dog Snoop

Early morning rides to boost up the mileage in early summer

Shannon and I broke out the tandem for the first time

Up front when I needed to be at the end of Indy Crit, but ran out of steam. Still my best result ever there.

Another awesome year of Wednesday night crit. racing at the Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville

Best garden production we have ever seen, keeping the freezer and the belly full of nutritious meals.

Shannon and I hiding out in a cave during a thunderstorm on a wild day at Raccoon Mountain

My stitches after a nasty crash at Raccoon Mountain. Second injury and recovery of the year.

Catching a race at the Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway before it closed


Late summer rides

Love being able to end rides on the farm...especially on the dock.

Extra-curricular fun at Cahokia Mounds after the Gateway Cup races

Beautiful views...

...beautiful rides...

...and beautiful sunsets at Curt Gowdy in Wyoming

Killer trails with stunning views out west

Camping in the Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area...

...with a killer view just feet from the tent.

Great road riding in Flaming Gorge

Another awesome sunset while mountain biking in Flaming Gorge. One of my all-time favorite pictures.

Sunset on the Flaming Gorge

Dinosaur tracks at Red Fleet State Park

Dinosaur bones on a hike at Dinosaur National Monument

The incredible sight of the Dinosaur Quarry at Dinosaur National Monument

Petroglyphs on a hike at Dinosaur

Shannon's first real mountain climb, up Butterfield Canyon in Utha

Fun time on my first trip to Trailside Park in Park City

The hardest and most beautiful race I have ever done, the Snowbird Ultra Hill Climb

Taking the long way home

Another of my all-time favorite pictures. This one from the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway

Dirt road driving and incredible sights in Wyoming

Burning up the backyard trail during the Fall

Racing with some of me best friend at Race to the Canal

Grueling day at Trail of Tears Century,t he day that led to my third injury of the year. I did get that finisher's pint glass though.

Fall riding on newly discovered backroads

Can't complain about sunny Fall days like this

Back to racing at the Clarksville Cyclocross Challenge at Rotary Park after injury #3. Finally mastered a sandpit.

Several eagle sightings on December mountain bike rides at LBL

Feeling like a racer again at Cross the Harpeth. Super fun race!

Ending the year with some gravel in Indiana


No comments:

Post a Comment